Tuesday 23 November 2010

Rejuvenate Productions Visit


Today is the day when I and going into Rejuvenate Productions in Leeds to talk about what they do and what I do and see how I could fit into their team. 

Leon who co-owns the business with Richard and Joel showed me around and talked to me about what they do and the considerations with working with web. This was really useful as something i had never considered such as working to a grid (which seems obvious) but it wasn't something i had thought about before.Also he talked to me about typography and how point size shouldn't be under 12 and considering the screen resolutions that people view sites. 

It was great to see it from this side of the business, Leon is the only designer in house so all the sites are designed by him but he use to build sites so he understands what is needed. He took me through his process of designing a website starting with a navigation map which was again such an obvious thing to do but i had never had thought of it. 

I also took in my portfolio again for them to have a look through which they really liked some of the pieces, so they have said they would defiantly be interested in throwing a few design jobs my way which would be great, but they also said that if i want to send any designs into them to have a look through then they would be happy to do this. 

All in all it was a pretty great day really. Really feel like im starting to get the contacts that i need.

No comments:

Post a Comment