Friday 1 October 2010

Re thinking my direction

Who am I?


Editorial layout and typography for print and web with interest in packaging design.


Photography
- Use to document my work and to capture content for my designs.

Technical Typography
- Use in layouts within publications, body copy to a grid.

Typeface
- Designing and using typefaces.

Editorial
- Use layout skills to design a page of text and image.

Print
- Designing for print, different stocks finishes

Web Design
- Being involved in designing for the web, websites and understanding formats and usability.

Packaging.
- Designing onto nets, how it fits together and experimenting with different folds.


Ok this might seem really simple but this has helped me to identify the areas i have skills in and that i want to progress with rather than trying to develop other skills in other areas.


I want

- I want to produce publications with exciting layouts.

- I want to produce interesting packaging with a type based design.

- I want to produce typefaces that can be used within publications.

-I want to produce usable websites for users.

-I want to understand how print runs work properly.



After all this, i feel that i am a bit more focused on what i want to do and where i want to go, so now its off to look over those briefs of mine and see where they come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment