Friday 1 October 2010

Creative Networks

Last night I joined the Creative Networks team at Leeds College of Art, thanks to my sister Aidie who is already part of the team and showed me the ropes.
It was a busy event with over 170 people attending to see guest speaker Chris Osburn talk 'from streets to tweets'.


I had the job of event photographer and camera man and so got to meet the Chris Osburn and the 3 pitchers that advertised their businesses before the talk. It was great to talk to these professionals in this environment and even though i wasnt there to network, i did manage to exchange business cards with one of the pitchers. 


I found Chris's talk very relevant to my own practice and really useful on how to use social media to promote yourself and get out there. One thing i found important was how he tags his work. The more tags you have the more hits your more likely to have, and it made me think about how i tag my work on blogger, behance and flickr which i will be re thinking now. 
Thanks Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment