Friday 15 October 2010

Duffield Printers Leeds



I live just up the road from 'Duffield Printers' on Kirkstall road and i have driven past it hundreds of times and have been meaning to contact them for ages. So i finally did it this week and lucky they got back to me and were very interested in me coming down for a visit when i rang them up. They are quite a small printers and they are ethically driven to use environmentally friendly materials and processes. 



I'm currently a 3rd year Graphic Design student at the Leeds College of Art and so I'm very interested in the printing process. Its important for me to understand the print end of industry as to design appropriately and make sure that documents are set up right and we both understand what is being printed.

I'm also really interested in coming to see Duffield Printers as you deal with sustainability and less harmful processes and materials, which I also feel is an important issue today. 

I understand that you are very busy but i would love to come down for half a day or so and come and see how your business works. I want to gain and understanding of the process from first receiving a design to the finishes applied to them.

If there is any chance that someone would be able to spare a few hours to show me around i would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you very much

--------------------------------------------------------


HI Rebecca,

Re your e-mail, we would be pleased to see you anytime to suit
Please ring me to arrange

Regards  

Clive Elston

No comments:

Post a Comment