Wednesday 16 June 2010

Websites I've been looking at


These are a few websites that I have been looking at to get me inspired for designing my own. each of these websites has some element that I would like to use or something that I think works really well.


Warwick Saint is a photographer so his site is obviously based around showcasing his photography. I want the imagery in my own site to be the main focus so I like the way he has his side navigation menu and the images in smaller boxes but still big enough to see them properly, however I'm really not a big fan of horizontal  scroll bars.



Mark and Velma enews site is simple and clean, i think the centre sideshow reel woks nicely with the format and provides a set layout for the articles to be show. I also really like the numbered circles at the bottom, each number is a different colour, think they are a really nice element.



Websites that are purely typographic can work really well and be really creative. This site works well because off the colours and the simplicity of it, but you can be a lot more creative with type on a website.



This portfolio website by Dan Viveriros is a really creative way of designing a website, it looks very personal and you instantly get a sense of this persons interests. I chose this mainly because of the rough hand drawn element to it.



Another photographers website that showcases its images in a gorgeous way. the dulled down scroll bar at the bottom doesn't distract away from the images. 



This is a website that uses typography in a creative way, its just a load page before entering the site but it shows the style of this designer. Also the typography has this red roll over colour and all these colours work well together.

















No comments:

Post a Comment